Saturday, March 15, 2008

Eve of the Camino Norte - Easter wanderings

OK - so 2 years after jetting off for my 1000km Camino de Santiago experience, and after swearing that I would¨"one day" get back on the road, I am on the verge of setting off on a new Camino adventure.

Perhaps after the first effort I would feel more calm and relaxed but Im afraid thats not so. Ok, so this one isnt so far from "home", but still its a route totally unknown.

In order to have a new challenge I decided to not return to the Camino Frances - the route I took in 2006, and one that is very popular and populated, and instead have opted for the one by the sea!!

I take the train to Bilbao tomorrow then will walk about 170 km through the week to Santander.

I know very little about this way except that it has many fewer people, less places to stay and less markings along the road.

BUT, Im going to be in the fresh coastal air surrounded by the best scenery and food in Spain so Im sure Ill cope if I go off track accidently (or otherwise)

So Ill check in again soon and update you on my progress!! Wish me luck

ULTREYA!!!

No comments: